Welcome to EMSA South East
Click logo for more tryout information
STORM TRYOUTS SCHEDULED FOR TONIGHT JUNE 30, ARE NOW CANCELLED DUE TO CITY FIELD CLOSURES.
THE FOLLOWING CHANGES WILL NOW OCCUR:
- U15 AND U19 Girls Tryouts will be a one day event, Saturday July 4th. Evaluators/Coaches may choose to run a private evaluation sesssion after July 4th if they still have room for players on their rosters.
- U11 Girls/Boys will share Field B for Saturdays Session (noon – 1 PM) Social Distancing protocols will be followed.
- U13 Girls/Boys will share Field B for Saturdays Session (1:30 – 2:30 PM)
SEE UPDATED SCHEDULE BELOW:
|Saturday July 4||Field A||Field B|
|10:00 - 11:30 am||U15 Girls||U19 Boys|
|11:30 - 1:00 pm||U17 Girls|
|12:00 - 1:00||U11G Girls/ U11 Boys|
|1:00 - 2:30||U19 Girls|
|1:30 - 2:30||U13 Girls/ U13 Boys|
UPDATE: COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS – JUNE 6, 2020
Edmonton Southeast Soccer Association continues to develop and refine its Return to Training Guidelines and Protocols. We are working closely with our parent associations (Edmonton Minor Soccer Association and Alberta Soccer), and have also completed Canada Soccer’s Return to Play Assessment.
We are committed to meeting or exceeding all requirements for Phase 1 – Modified Return to Train (No Contact), and will ensure that all necessary steps are completed before we offer soccer activity, on or after June 12, 2020.
In addition to the information already shared, we invite all members to review Alberta Soccer’s Return to Training Plan and supporting documents.
OUTDOOR 2020 UPDATE
“Dear EMSA Players, Team Officials and Parents,
We hope everyone is staying safe, keeps their distance and is making the best they can during these difficult times.
EMSA – both the main office and the Zone offices – is currently working from remote locations to prepare for the start of the 2020 Outdoor Season.
EMSA Board Members met last evening via GoToMeeting video conferencing and would like to share few updates regarding the Outdoor 2020 Season:
- Overall. EMSA Outdoor Season is highly dependent on City of Edmonton, City of Spruce Grove and City of St. Albert fields availability. We are in constant communication with both the City of Edmonton and the City of St. Albert in order to align our preparation activities with these two groups. EMSA Board has decided that the 2020 Outdoor season could start one week or 10 days after the City of Edmonton opens the fields. Both EMSA Main office staff and all EMSA Zones Office staff are already working towards being prepared to start the season on very short notice.
- Community Season. There still is a belief for the Community Season to take place in its entirety. The start date will definitely be pushed back and the timeline of the program delivery may not be what we’re all used to but we will absolutely still be exploring all avenues to provide the children with a much needed outlet of social bonding, outdoor activity and engagement. Once the ban on activities is lifted, we will have measures in place to ensure a start date can take place within a week.
- Club Season. There is still the intent to carry out the entire club season as well, but many external factors will influence these decisions. We have received info from Alberta Soccer that they are awaiting further guidance from Canada Soccer regarding health advisory perspectives and possible realistic timelines. Each province may have a different start date than others based on severity/number of cases in each area. It is important that all confirmed club players register accordingly so that teams can be formed (as quickly as possible) and simple internal communication can continue. Currently EMSA Clubs still intend to run tryouts prior to season start so we estimate that Club Season could start in 10 days from the opening of the fields.
- Facilities. City of Edmonton Facilities are now closed until May 5, and we expect the closure to extend further into May and possibly beyond. The snow will most likely be melted in advance of the opening date and our field maintenance crews will prepare all equipment and materials to be able to have the fields ready for games on time.
Please check www.emsamain.com for updates or follow EMSA on Social Media: Twitter (@EMSAmain), Instagram (emsamain) or Facebook (@EMSASoccerYeg)
You can also monitor the status of the City of Edmonton sports fields here: http://coewebapps.edmonton.ca/facilitynotifications/default.aspx?args=4,14
- EMSA Main/EMSA Zones/SASA Offices. All offices are officially closed to the public until further notice, but we do have staff working in office. All our staff can be contacted via email, phone or text and most responses can be expected during the same working day.
We will continue to stay in contact with Alberta Soccer, Canada Soccer and the City of Edmonton and communicate with our members as often as the situation requires.
Our main goal at EMSA is to be prepared so that ALL Kids Can Play as soon as possible.”
EMSA ID CARDS WILL NOW BE DONE VIA EMAIL. FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CLICK LINK BELOW:
TO COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION PLEASE MAIL THE LIST BELOW TO THE ESESA OFFICE BEFORE MARCH 30, 2020
6520 ROPER ROAD, EDMONTON ALBERTA, T6B 3K8
- 1 COPY of your completed online registration forms
- Copy of Government ID to verify age of player
- Copy of 2019/20 Community League membership card – must begin with #19-____. (purchase online at www.efcl.org or at registration/tryout dates)
- Payment (cash or cheque) for registration if you have not paid by credit card online
- 2 deposit cheques or credit card pre-authorization form Payable to ESESA – $150 Volunteer and $75 Jersey (post-dated to June 1st, 2020)
Players in Our Communities with non-active Soccer programs register in the closest one of Our Soccer Communities listed above
2020 COMMUNITY OUTDOOR PLAYING DATES AND FEES
|Age Group||Birth Year||Registration Fee||Playing Days||Alternate Playing Days|
|U15||2005-2006||$290.00||Monday/Wednesday||possibly a few Tuesdays or Thursdays|
|U17||2003-2004||$290.00||Sunday/Thursday||possibly a few Wednesdays|
|U19||2001-2002||$290.00||Sunday/ Tuesday||possibly a few Thursdays|
Our Premier Team
Welcome to Edmonton South East Soccer Association we are a volunteer organization that offers community-based soccer programs for players between the ages of 5 and 19, as well as a premier program for players between the ages of 8 and 19. Our programs introduce your children to soccer and give them the opportunity to have fun playing organized sports with friends.